Hope in an Iced Latte




Today I have time to sit by a small roadside cafe. I order an iced latte. A smiling waitress places a small glass jar before me, containing the milky latte, poured over a bed of ice. It is November, and the day is not as hot as the usual day. Still, an iced drink feels good, even on a November day, in the tropics. "Khob khun kha!" I say to her, smiling back.

I take a slow sip from the jar, and savour the coffee as it slides down my throat. A little burnt, a little sweet. Then another sip. I look around and see people passing by. Some rushing, some just strolling. There is a sharp breeze today, stronger than the usual lazy streams of moist, warm air floating around everyday. 

I lift up the laptop lid, and power up the machine. Each sip of caffeine sends an extra jolt of energy to every part of me. I don't have much to write today, but I am determined to write something - anything. Any message of hope....even if it is contained in something as ordinary as an iced latte. 

And, I hope that I will continue to find hope in everyday life in some form, and keep posting my messages of hope. There were days when I found hope in the words of others - total strangers, even. Maybe today, a total stranger will find hope somewhere in my words..!

Popular Posts